March 31, 2012

New discoveries

A few days ago I ordered some samples from First in Fragrance. I have not been in contact with them before so I was curious to both get my hands on some fragrances that I am curious about - and to see how their service works. I also know that some of you are interested in starting to buy samples but a bit unsure on how exactly it works. So let's use this process of mine as an example.

When you enter the website you search for a fragrance or brand. In my case I was looking for Keiko Mecheri. When you find fragrances that you are interested in you just click the sample box. I recommend using Fragrantica and Basenotes as additional sources for information if you are looking at fragrances that you have not tried in a store. After you have your shopping completed you fill in all the info, pay and wait.

After a few days you get a nice envelope that contains this.


Everything is really carefully and neatly packed and the samples isolated so they don't affect the paper strips. I think it is really nice that you get a generous amount of these!! My sample kit consists of two Keiko Mecheri fragrances and two Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561. The Keiko Mecheri I have tried in a store (love Musc) and the Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 I have only read about.

So this is basically how it can work. My impression of First of Fragrance is that everything went very fast and smoothly so I feel that I can recommend them to you. If you are interested in sample from only one specific brand I suggest however that you contact them or look at their website as there are often very nice sample kits. 

1 comment:

  1. I have ordered from First in Fragrance several times and I have always been very satisfied. I order from several different places and the other day I got an email telling me that there is a new place called Surrender to Chance http://www.SurrendertoChance.com so now I will try and order from them to see how that works. But first I wan't to try Hilde Solianis new fragrances, you can get a nice sample pack from Lucky Scents with thirteen of her fragrances. http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/item/32278/brand/Luckyscent_Sample_Packs/Hilde_Soliani_.html

    ReplyDelete